Fritters or pancakes? I am not sure to be honest! All I know is that they are delicious and a perfect dish to serve for brunch, lunch or even a veggie filled breakfast. Ingredients? Cheese, cheese and more cheese with loads of grated courgette. Top it off with a fried egg or a dollop of sour cream and dig in. Trust me you will not regret it!
This recipe makes 8 fritters.
500g grated courgette (about 2 medium)
1/2 cup flour
1 cup shredded white cheddar
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the grated courgette to a colander over a bowl or sink and mix in the salt; let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Either using your hands or a kitchen towel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer the courgette to a medium sized bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Line a plate with paper towels and heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter per fritter in the pan. Flatten them a bit using a spatula and fry each side for about 2-3 minutes until browned. When flipping over, be careful as they might be a bit fragile due to all the cheese.
- Transfer the fritters to the paper lined plate and continue cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve with a fried egg, Greek yogurt or sour cream. Enjoy!