These are amazing! Dare I say the best I have had so far? Yes!
Like most of my recipes they are easy to make, just throw everything into your food processor and start making the rolls. The apple creates that perfect hint of sweetness while the mustard creates a slight extra edge. Such a tasty combination and I am sure we will be making them very often.
This recipe makes about 18 mini rolls.
350g sausage meat (from about 7 medium sausages), skin removed
1 appel, peeled, cored and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon tomato puree
2 teaspoons dried sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
280g puff pastry
1 tablespoons flour
1 egg, whisked
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the onion, apple and garlic in the food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
3. Now add the remaining ingredients to the onion mix and pulse until everything is properly combined, set aside.
4. Lightly flour your workspace and roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle. It should almost be as thick as a one euro coin. Now cut the pastry lengthwise into two long rectangle strips.
5. Divide the meat mixture between the two pastries. Roll the meat into sausage shapes and place just off the center to one side. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash and fold the longer side over the meat. Use your fingers to press down the edges together.
6. Using a sharp knife cut each log into about 9 pieces and place them on the oven tray. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!