Granola is the finishing touch to a bowl of yogurt. I have been making this recipe for a couple of years now and still love it to this day. It is easy, simple and healthy; which is perfect for my almost 2 year old who loves snacking from the jar before I even get the chance to add it to her breakfast (same goes for the husband actually).
This recipe makes about 20 portions.
4 cups rolled oats
250g mixed nuts (i.e. almonds, cashews, pistachio and walnuts)
1/2 cup canola or coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 160C and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the oats and nuts a large mixing bowl. Whisk the honey and oil and drizzle over the oat and nut mixture. Carefully mix everything together until all the oats are covered.
- Spread out the oats onto the prepared oven tray, making sure it is not overcrowded. You might need to do this in two steps to get that perfect crunchy cluster granola.
- Bake the oats for 10 minutes, toss and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until browned.
- Allow to completely cool, at least 20 minutes, without touching them. Break into clusters, transfer to an airtight container and keep in a dry place. Enjoy!