It was such a shame when we finished the last piece of this pizza bread. That’s how good this is!
Don’t be scared by the shape, it is very easy to roll. I just used a store-bought pizza dough in a rectangle form which simplified the process even more.
This is a perfect recipe for a fun pizza night or as an appetizer when having friends and family over. Play around with different ingredients or trick kids by filling it with various vegetables. It will be tasty no matter what!
This recipe serves 2-4
345g pizza dough
1 cup shredded mozzarella
90g pepperoni slices
For the pesto
2 cups packed spinach leaves
1/2 cup packed basil leaves
1/3 cup packed parsley leaves
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 23 cm round baking pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients for the pesto to a food processor and blend until a pesto-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle form. My round baking pan is 23cm, so I rolled my pizza dough into 23x12cm rectangle. Using a sharp knife slice the dough lengthwise in half, now you will have two rectangles of 23x6cm.
- Using a spatula or spoon, spread out the pesto among the two pizza bases. Divide the pepperoni slices and finally sprinkle the mozzarella.
- Carefully roll each pizza base into logs. Braid the two logs and pinch together the edges on both ends.
- Carefully place the pizza bread into the baking pan along the edge and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. You might need to rotate the pan to equally brown all sides. Enjoy!