Pasta is the way to my heart. You can do so much with pasta, whether keeping it simple, tossing it through a rich sauce or loading it with veggies. The most important thing, never ever forget cheese! Lots of cheese! Every type of pasta needs cheese.
You will love this pasta! The egg is whisked with loads of grated parmesan, tossed with shaved green asparagus and topped with prosciutto. Yum!
This recipe serves 2.
3 free-range egg yolks
60g grated parmesan
250 green asparagus, shaved into ribbons*
80g prosciutto slices
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup pasta water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Toss the asparagus with lemon juice and season with salt. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Take 1/3 cup pasta water and gently mix through the egg and parmesan mixture.
- Turn off the heat, drain the pasta, return it to the pot and place back on the still warm stove. Immediately toss the sauce through the pasta until all the pasta is covered. The egg will cook due to the hot pasta. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Add the green asparagus to the pot and toss together.
- Divide the pasta among the plates and top with prosciutto and extra black pepper.
* You can shave the asparagus into ribbons using a vegetable peeler, do not worry if they break. If you do not have a vegetable peeler then try to slice them as thinly as possible. If you are not able to slice them very thin, then I recommend cooking the asparagus in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes.