So we mostly have had rainy days, which is a bummer as we just bought a barbecue. However, yesterday we were very lucky with a day full of sun which means turning on the barbecue and sipping cocktails.
This is one of my favorite recipes as it is very easy and delicious. The beef is so tender and flavorsome; pair it with the avocado butter and you won’t be able to stop!
Tip: this butter is good with everything, try smothering it on bread and you will thank you later!
This recipe makes about 6 kebabs
600-650g good quality beef filet, cut into about 3-4cm cubes
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the butter
1 large avocado
90g unsalted butter
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh coriander
1 garlic clove, minced
6 long wooden skewers
- For the marinade: add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, oil and spices to a medium bowl and mix well. Add the beef cubes to the mixture, cover and transfer to the fridge; allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- For the butter: add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. You might need to scrap the sides a few times to get a smooth mixture. Season with salt to taste and transfer to a small serving bowl. You can also scoop the mixture onto a piece of plastic foil and roll into a log. Place the butter in the fridge and allow to harden for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the beef from the fridge 30 minutes before grilling to allow it to get to room temperature. Place the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- To assemble, pierce the steak onto the skewers and discard any leftover marinade. Heat the grill to medium-high heat and grill the beef. I grilled mine about 2 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Serve with the avocado butter and enjoy!