Every Christmas my family and I would visit the States and every single dinner we would start with Buffalo chicken wings. Love them! I’ll be honest, I am one of those strange people that eat their wings with knife and fork (sorry!). Such an embarrassment to my family.
These chicken tenders are great as a starter or add some crispy fries and make it a main. They are really good either way. Also, let’s not forget this whipped feta dip with honey, once you get one bite you cannot stop dipping! Trust me.
This recipe serves 2
350g boneless chicken tenders
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons buffalo sauce + 2 tablespoons extra
1 cup panko crumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon extra
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
Olive or coconut oil spray
For the dip
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon honey + extra for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 220C and line an oven tray with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper with oil. If you do not have a spray lightly brush with a little bit of olive oil.
- For the chicken: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss the chicken tender through the mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the panko, garlic powder, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using kitchen tongs, dredge the chicken through the crumbs. With your fingers, press gently to adhere. Place on the prepared oven tray. Repeat this step with the remaining chicken tenders.
- Lightly spray or drizzle the tenders with oil and transfer to the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the tenders.
- Add all the ingredients for the dip to a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a small serving bowl and drizzle with extra honey.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then mix with the remaining 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce. Drizzle over the chicken tenders and serve with the feta dip. Enjoy!