Another amazing salad right here! The chicken is marinated in orange juice and gochujang paste (Korean hot pepper paste) which gives this amazing flavor. The vinaigrette also has hints of orange which goes great with the peanut and sesame. All in all a salad that you will be making often as it’s easy, healthy and tastes so yummy.
This recipe serves 2-3
450g boneless chicken thighs
1/3 cup orange juice (1 large orange)
2 tablespoons gochujang (or you can substitute sriracha sauce)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the vinaigrette
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/3 cup flaked almonds
1 avocado, chopped
180g mixed leaf lettuce
- For the chicken: add the orange juice, gochujang, soy sauce and olive oil to a medium bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken thighs and make sure they are covered in the marinade. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line an oven tray with parchment paper. Spread the almonds in a single layer and bake 3-4 minutes, shake and bake for about 1 minute until toasted. Keep an eye on them as they burn easily. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Turn the oven to 220C and spread the chicken on the parchment sheet, season with salt and cook for 30-35 minutes until cooked and nicely carmalized.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Assemble the salad: add the lettuce to a large serving bowl, top with avocado, cucumber, almonds, chicken and drizzle the vinaigrette. Enjoy!