Garlic, fresh herbs and cheese.. is there a better combo? I think not! These puff pastry sticks are light, buttery and flakey. Perfect to be served with a glass of red wine (because why not!) and a great way to wow guests with this easy recipe.
This recipe makes 8 sticks
375g puff pastry
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup grated old cheddar
1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your working space and roll out the puff pastry into a 40×30 rectangle. Slice the puff pastry vertically into 8 strips, about 5cm each. Transfer the strips to the prepared oven tray.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish and mix in the fresh herbs and garlic. Season with salt to taste.
- Brush each pastry strip with the butter and sprinkle the cheese.
- Fold a strip over vertically and pinch together the edges. Now twist the ends in opposite directions to create spiralled straws. Repeat with the remaining strips.
- Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds over each puff pastry twist.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until browned. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!