So not only is the name of this dish really simple but making it will take you less than 20 minutes. Seriously! However, the flavor of this pasta is definitely not simple. It has hints of garlic, chili, lemon and white wine. If crab is not your thing then you can switch it up with prawns or keep it vegetarian by adding more green asparagus.
This recipe serves 2
180g cooked crab meat
125g green asparagus, chopped in 3cm pieces
1 chili pepper, roughly chopped
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 small garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons cream cheese or creme fraiche
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup pasta water
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to the instructions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the chili pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil to a food processor and blend until a chunky paste is formed. You might need to scrap the sides a few times.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chili paste and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the asparagus to the skillet, stir and pour in the wine. Allow to cook for about 6 minutes; by now the white wine should have almost be fully evaporated and the asparagus is tender.
- Pour in the lemon juice and add the cream cheese, stir until combined. Toss the pasta through the mixture and add just enough pasta to allow the chili paste to cover the pasta (I used about 1/2 cup).
- Mix through the parsley and crab and divide among the plates. Add a good amount of parmesan cheese and enjoy!